Cristina M. Lipan
NEW YORK, NY
Cristina Lipan is a partner with the firm’s Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights practice, with significant experience representing both secured and unsecured creditors in various aspects of commercial bankruptcy and reorganization litigation. Ms. Lipan has regularly represented parties in bankruptcy litigation, including preference and fraudulent transfer litigation, claims litigation matters, and property of the estate matters. Representing creditors is no easy task yet Ms. Lipan has successfully negotiated numerous settlements and stipulations.
Ms. Lipan previously interned with a chapter 7 trustee, reviewing bankruptcy petitions for various issues, which, along with her experience representing creditors, gives her an edge representing individuals seeking debt relief and financial freedom.
A local New York State graduate, Ms. Lipan is admitted to practice in the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York Bankruptcy Courts. After graduating law school she worked as an associate attorney, representing creditors in various commercial bankruptcy matters. Ms. Lipan also worked with noticing and claims agent, taking the lead in organizing the administrative issues in complex chapter 11 cases.
Ms. Lipan brings an addition of fresh skills to the firm, as well as a creative approach to complex legal issues. She has earned recognition throughout her scholarly endeavors including admission to the Dean’s Scholar Program and as an editor for the Hofstra Labor and Employment Law Journal. She is multilingual and is active in the Romanian-American community.
Ms. Lipan's experience includes advising in the following cases:
- Sports Authority Holdings (represented a consignment vendor)
- American Airlines (AMR Corporation) (represented a contract party)
- Eastman Kodak Company (represented a contract party)
- Professional Veterinary Products (represented the Liquidating Trustee)
- Agape World (defended a fraudulent conveyance claim in a ponzi scheme case)
- Fortunoff Holdings (defended preference claims)
- Circuit City Stores (defended preference claims)
- SP Newsprint Holdings (defended preference claims)
- Metaldyne Corp. (represented a vendor)
- ADI Liquidation, Inc. (f/k/a AWI Delaware, Inc.) (represented an unsecured creditor)
- Smokin' Al's Famous BBQ Joint (represented a vendor and priority creditor)
▸ J.D. – Hofstra University of Law
▸ B.S. – CUNY Hunter College – Economics, Sociology
▸ Admitted New York State Bar, 2011
▸ Admitted Eastern District New York, 2011
▸ Admitted Southern District New York, 2011